|Pre-registration is now closed, but you may register onsite at the event beginning at 9:00 a.m. on July 17th.
Ohio Economic Development Association
Presented by the Ohio Economic Development Association,
JobsOhio and its Regional Network Partners,
Ohio Development Services Agency,
and Mid-Ohio Development Exchange (MODE)
Date: Thursday, July 17, 2014 - 10:00 a.m. - 2:15 p.m. (lunch provided)
Location: Marriott Columbus Northwest, 5605 Blazer Pkwy, Dublin, OH 43017
Who Should Attend: All Economic Development Professionals and Elected Officials interested in current JobsOhio and ODSA programs, and economic development legislative affairs. This event is open to OEDA members and non-members.
- How are we doing?
Presenter: John Minor, President & Chief Investment Officer
JobsOhio continues to grow while building a lean, efficient, business oriented team. Meet some of the new staff, including managing directors, marketing director, research manager, and project management staff.
- What’s new?
Presenters: Scott Hanley, Director of Marketing; Matt Waldo, Senior Manager of Research; Diana Rife, Revitalization Project Manager; & Andrew Charlton, Project Manager
JobsOhio will share its year-to-date metrics, marketing plans that include a targeted “game changer” ad campaign, highlights of recent economic research data and analysis, and the recently updated Ohio One website.
- A Strategy for Job Growth
Presenters: Lee Crume, Director of Sales & Mindy McLaughlin, Manager, Foreign Direct Investment
A comprehensive sales strategy is at the core of how JobsOhio is working to grow more jobs for Ohioans. Hear more about the organization’s attraction efforts, including its emphasis on foreign direct investment.
- Partnership and Preparation
Lee Crume, Director of Sales
JobsOhio will discuss the importance of maintaining and growing effective partnerships such as that with OEDA to successfully grow jobs; the team also will highlight its JobsOhio Network Sales Training efforts.
Ohio Development Services Agency
- Putting more money into local communities. Presenter: David Goodman, Director, Ohio Development Services Agency The Development Services Agency will bring you up-to-date on tax changes and what local economic developers should know to capitalize on the benefits to local small businesses and use these changes as a selling point for development.
- Building the workforce of tomorrow, today.
Presenter: Daryl Hennessy, Chief, Business Services Division
The Development Services Agency will bring you up-to-date on programs to build a stronger workforce in your community and new tools the state has developed to match workers and employers with the right job and skilled workers.
- Capitalizing on visitors in your community.
Presenters: David Goodman, Director, Ohio Development Services Agency & Sadicka White, Chief, Community Services Division
The Development Services Agency will share the latest research on the economic impact of travel and tourism in Ohio. Whether it is a visit from friends and family, from out of state or across Ohio, does your community have a good strategy for maximizing the impact from visitors? TourismOhio will share a plan to increase visitor spending or turn visitors into the people who call it home.
Legislative Update from Bricker & Eckler, LLP
Topics to be reviewed include:
- OEDA Legislative monitoring partnership announcement with Bricker & Eckler
- Legislative discussion focused on economic development activity completed during the most recent session
- The outlook for when the General Assembly returns from recess
- Chris Slagle, Chair of Bricker & Eckler's Government Relations group, Partner in the Regulated Industries group and Partner In Charge of the firm's Marietta office
- Rob McCarthy Associate in Public Finance Group; former Assistant Attorney General
- Chris Schmenk, Of Counsel in Bricker's Public Finance Group, former Director of ODSA
OEDA Member $40 per person (includes lunch)
Non-Member $50 per person (includes lunch)
(You may register via credit card, check, or P.O., as well as print invoices, via our online system.)
Join us at the Ballpark!
After the Mid-Year Briefing, MODE will be hosting a summer social at the Columbus Clippers game Thursday evening! Family and friends across the state are welcome to join the Columbus Clippers as they take on the Indianapolis Indians at 7:05 PM.
The cost of the event for members and non-members is $10 and includes your game ticket and dinner on the Wendy's Hamburger Balcony! RSVP to Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-225-6935. RSVP is required for the discounted rate and complimentary dinner. Thank you to our sponsor, Ruscilli Construction, for donating to this great evening!