Site Selection / Site Development
June 11-12, Online, Interactive Course
CLICK HERE for the Course Agenda
Register now for the Ohio Economic Development Institute’s On-Line Site Selection and Site Development Course
- Ohio-specific information for intermediate and advanced practitioners
- Designed in collaboration with JobsOhio and Ohio University
- The most up-to-date industry information
- Interactive learning focused on participant engagement
- Networking opportunities with the top economic development pros
The Ohio Economic Development Association is proud to have partnered with JobsOhio and Ohio University Voinovich School to create the Ohio Economic Development Institute, the state’s premier professional development program for economic development professionals.
The OEDI Site Selection and Site Development two-day course is an intensive and hands-on look at the basic tools and steps of business attraction, the site selection process and developing competitive sites for economic development.
This two-day on-line course will focus on site selection process and the basics of how to make sure that your community is ready and competitive when you hear from the business looking for expansion space or the site selector.
Included in the course will be how site selectors evaluate locations, how the JobsOhio site selection program operates, participation in the SiteOhio site certification program, working with site selectors, making sure that their community can be competitive, and the negotiation process.
The course will also focus on how to make sure that that your community has shovel-ready sites that are competitive, including finding the best location for new development or revitalization, ensuring that the site has the necessary infrastructure, working with planners, engineers, utilities and developers.
This on-line course will include extensive opportunities to network with presenters and panelists, as well as being enhanced with discussion about how the COVID 19 pandemic could impact capital markets, public and private sector financing programs, and the ability of businesses to obtain financing.
The course covers infill, speculative, greenfield, redevelopment and reuse, industrial, commercial and office development, along with both urban, neighborhood and rural development.
- Site Selection Fundamentals & Trends
- Details, Details: Practical Tips for Finding and Maintaining Site Information
- Strategically Building the Product Pipeline: SiteOhio
- Importance of Infrastructure in Site Selection: Focus on Utilities
- The RFP: The Importance of Data Quality & Integrity
- Selling Your Community
- Site Location Perspective from Site Selection Consultant
- Knowing the Client: The Importance of Research in the Site Selection Process
- Selling your Community Identity
- an Effective Site Visit: Process, Process, Process
Who should attend:
- Economic and community development professionals
- Real estate development private and non-profit organizations
- Port Authorities, Development Authorities, CICs
- Federal, state and local government officials (elected and non-elected)
- Public utility employees
- Community, urban and regional planners
- Attorneys and Planners who work with economic development projects
- Chambers of Commerce staff and board members
- Financial institution representatives
- Industrial/Commercial developers
OEDI courses can be taken either stand-alone or on the pathway to the Ohio Certified Economic Development Credential. Members are encouraged to register for multiple courses to received special discounted pricing.