Pre-registration is now closed, but you may register onsite at the event
beginning at 9:00 a.m. on July 17th.
Ohio Economic Development Association
Presented by the Ohio Economic Development Association,
JobsOhio and its Regional Network Partners,
Ohio Development Services Agency, Bricker & Eckler,
and Mid-Ohio Development Exchange (MODE)
Date: Friday, July 17, 2015 - 10:00 a.m. - 2:15 p.m. (lunch provided)
Location: Marriott Columbus Northwest, 5605 Blazer Pkwy, Dublin, OH 43017
Who Should Attend: All Economic Development Professionals and Elected Officials interested in current JobsOhio and ODSA programs, and economic development legislative affairs. This event is open to OEDA members and non-members.
Schedule of Events
10:00 a.m. - Welcome from Sean Hughes, 2015 OEDA President
10:10-11:30 a.m. – Jobs Ohio’s Winning Projects … A Local Perspective
This session, brought to you by JobsOhio, is a moderated panel discussion consisting of two recently won projects. The discussion of both projects will include the LEDO, REDO, and JO contacts as well as the client. The discussion will focus elements of the project that worked well, areas for improvement, best practices, and the clients point of view.
11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Lunch
12:00-1:00 p.m. - Ohio Development Services Agency
Ohio Development Services Agency leadership will present new information about resources to assist small businesses and entrepreneurs, along with resources to help communities advance their economic development plans and support small business growth. Agency leadership will also discuss how DSA programs can be leveraged with other internal and external programs to create sustainable economic development strategies.
1:15 – 2:15 p.m. - The Budget Aftermath: What’s Next?
Topics to be reviewed include:
· Overview of the State Budget Bills: Economic development impacts
· Legislative discussion focused on pending economic development bills
· Legislative and policy predictions for the rest of 2015
· Chris Slagle, Chair of Bricker & Eckler's Government Relations group, Partner in the Regulated Industries group and Partner In Charge of the firm's Marietta office
· Rob McCarthy, Associate in Public Finance Group, Bricker & Eckler; former Assistant Attorney General
· Chris Schmenk, Of Counsel in Bricker & Eckler’s Public Finance Group, former Director of ODSA
OEDA Member $45 per person (includes lunch)
Non-Member $55 per person (includes lunch)
Registration is available through July 13th at
You may also visit the OEDA website at www.ohioeda.com to register.